Norfolk & Norwich University NHS Foundation Trust Hospital, Norwich
Norwich Radiology trainees have presented original scientific papers nationally and internationally most notably at Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) in Chicago and European Congress of Radiology (ECR) in Vienna. The number of peer-reviewed scientific publications, national and international scientific presentations by trainees, continues to increase and trainee input into teaching both locally and nationally continues to be of the highest quality.
An Imaging Research Laboratory opened in 2008 is situated at the main hospital site. This contains three dedicated networked workstations running Apple Mac, Windows and Linux operating systems. Each workstation is loaded with imaging research software including open source, proprietary and in-house programmes.
The lab is a quiet space away from the clinical environment where trainees can process image data, run statistics programmes and prepare scientific papers, posters and presentations.
We are very fortunate in being surrounded by excellent District General Hospitals to which our trainees can go for their DGH attachments. It is also possible to do some of the core modules at a number of these hospitals:
- James Paget Hospital, Gorleston
- Ipswich Hospital, Ipswich
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Kings Lynn
- Queen’s Hospital, Romford
- Colchester General Hospital, Colchester
- Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Southend
- Luton & Dunstable University Hospital, Luton
- Basildon & Thurrock University NHS Foundation Trust, Basildon
- West Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust, Bury St Edmunds
- Princess Alexander Hospital NHS Trust, Harlow
The continuing strength of the Academy in Norwich is due to the dedication of the staff and trainers and the support from partners across the region.