Course overview: This course covers both aortic and peripheral vascular interventions under the tutelage of experts in endovascular procedures. We offer this course to both interventional radiology and vascular surgery trainees to allow them to build on their knowledge of endovascular techniques on both a practical level as well as in pre-procedure planning. Delegates can expect to cover the planning and performing of EVAR as well as complex peripheral vascular interventions with both hands-on experience and high-yield lectures.
Aim: To teach and reinforce the principles of planning and performing aortic and peripheral vascular interventions
- To provide insight into a complex peripheral vascular case by observing a live procedure via video link
- Know and demonstrate the steps involved in performing endovascular procedures using a simulator (angioplasty, stenting and EVAR) & how to deal with complications
- Know how to interpret CT angiograms and its use in EVAR case planning
- Know the tools and kit used in endovascular procedures
- Learn ‘tips and tricks’ on how to deal with difficult cases